Lundin Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Well 16/1-13, Possible ST in North Sea
Lundin Norway AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling with the Transocean Winner semisubmersible drilling rig in the North Sea.
The consent relates to the drilling of exploration well 16/1-13, and possibly a sidetrack, 16/1-13 A. The well is located approximately 170 km west of Stavanger and is part of production license 338.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 58° 51' 17.33", E 2° 15' 17.76". The water depth at the site is approximately 110 meters.
Start-up of the drilling operations is planned for mid-December 2009. The activity has an expected duration of 45 days for well 16/1-13 and 21 days for the sidetrack. Any potential testing of the well will come in addition.
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)