Ocean Vanguard to Spin Bit Northeast of Snorre in December
Statoil has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea using the Ocean Vanguard semisubmersible drilling rig.
The consent relates to the drilling of well 34/4-12 S and sidetrack 34/4-12 A. The well is part of production license 057 and is located northeast of Snorre.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 61° 33' 08.1", E 02° 17' 37.7". The water depth at the site is 382 meters.
According to the application for consent, the drilling activity will commence in December 2009 as soon as Ocean Vanguard has concluded the drilling of exploration well 6507/3-8. The activity has an estimated duration of 78 days.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)