BG Gets Green Light to Drill with Rowan Gorilla VI in Southern North Sea
BG Norge AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the southern North Sea using the Rowan Gorilla VI jackup drilling rig.
The well, which is located approximately 300 km southwest of Stavanger, is part of production license 297 and has the following geographical coordinates: N 56° 45' 11.24", E 2° 49' 43.56". The water depth at the site is approximately 70 meters.
Planned start-up is in November 2009. The estimated duration of the drilling activity is 181 days.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)