PSA Norway Grants AoC for Rowan's Gorilla VI
Rowan Companies announced that on November 17, 2009, the Rowan Gorilla VI, its Super Gorilla class jackup, received an Acknowledgement of Compliance ("AoC") from the Petroleum Safety Authority of Norway ("PSA"), enabling the rig to commence operations in the Norwegian Sector of the North Sea.
Matt Ralls, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Rowan is very pleased to have met the rigorous conditions of the Norwegian authorities to drill on the Norwegian continental shelf, one of the most demanding drilling environments in the world. Currently, Rowan is one of only three of the world's major contractors with an AoC authorized jackup. We look forward to demonstrating the capabilities of Rowan crews and our high specification Super Gorilla class of jackup rigs in Norway and validating the confidence in Rowan that this certification represents."
- Ensco and Rowan Extend Time to Decide on Merger (Jan 18)
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- Shell Extends Jackup Contract in Trinidad (Jan 02)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)