KCA Deutag to Provide Engineering Services for Golden Eagle Area
RDS, the engineering division of international drilling contractor KCA DEUTAG, has been awarded a contract for the provision of drilling facilities concept design services for the Golden Eagle Area Development by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited.
Initially RDS will provide a London-based team of approximately 12 people.
RDS will develop the concept 'from the well up' and using this process will build a clear understanding of the wells to be drilled and this will then be translated into a cost effective drilling rig specification.
Hamish Ritchie, RDS General Manager, said, "We are delighted to be selected as Nexen Petroleum U.K.'s drilling facilities concept design contractor for the Golden Eagle Area Development."
The Golden Eagle Area, operated by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited, is located in Blocks 20/1N and 20/1S of the U.K. Central North Sea and comprises three reservoirs, namely Golden Eagle, Hobby and Pink. The discovery is located in approximately 113m water depth some 70km offshore, 19km north of the Buzzard Field, 21km northwest of the Ettrick Field.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)