Talisman Secures Maersk Guardian for Drilling in Yme Area
Talisman Energy Norway AS (Talisman) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Yme area with the Maersk Guardian jackup drilling rig.
The consent applies to the drilling of exploration well 9/2-11 which belongs to production license 316 DS.
The well is located about 110 kilometers southwest of Egersund and 11 kilometers north of the Yme field. Well 9/2-11 has the following geographical coordinates: N 57° 55' 12.22", E 04° 33' 35.07". The water depth at the site is about 100 meters.
Start-up is planned for November/December 2009. The drilling activity has an estimated duration of about 50 days.
- Maersk Drilling to Sell Jackup (Nov 12)
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)