Talisman Secures Maersk Guardian for Drilling in Yme Area
Talisman Energy Norway AS (Talisman) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Yme area with the Maersk Guardian jackup drilling rig.
The consent applies to the drilling of exploration well 9/2-11 which belongs to production license 316 DS.
The well is located about 110 kilometers southwest of Egersund and 11 kilometers north of the Yme field. Well 9/2-11 has the following geographical coordinates: N 57° 55' 12.22", E 04° 33' 35.07". The water depth at the site is about 100 meters.
Start-up is planned for November/December 2009. The drilling activity has an estimated duration of about 50 days.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)