Halliburton Cites Reduced Activity from Pemex
Halliburton announced a major reduction in activity from its primary customer in Mexico, Petróleos Mexicanos (Pemex), for the fourth quarter of 2009.
Halliburton's work in the Burgos, Veracruz, and southern areas are being impacted by Pemex's decision to significantly reduce activity due to low natural gas prices and other constraints. The impact of these activity reductions is currently expected to be approximately $0.02 in earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2009.
Halliburton has operated in Mexico for more than 60 years.
- Halliburton Envisions Robo-Fracking (Aug 21)
- Hundreds Line Up for Gushing West Texas Oil Jobs (Aug 03)
- Oil, Gas Companies Focus on Recruitment, Retention in the Permian (Jul 24)
Company: Pemex more info
- Pemex Signs Landmark Offshore Deal (Sep 21)
- Data, Source: Mexico's State-Run Pemex Pauses Light Crude Exports (Aug 31)
- Bay of Campeche Subsea Tieback Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 01)