Halliburton Cites Reduced Activity from Pemex
Halliburton announced a major reduction in activity from its primary customer in Mexico, Petróleos Mexicanos (Pemex), for the fourth quarter of 2009.
Halliburton's work in the Burgos, Veracruz, and southern areas are being impacted by Pemex's decision to significantly reduce activity due to low natural gas prices and other constraints. The impact of these activity reductions is currently expected to be approximately $0.02 in earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2009.
Halliburton has operated in Mexico for more than 60 years.
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)