Coastal Completes Songkhla A-08 in Gulf of Thailand
Coastal has announced the completion of the Songkhla A-08 development well at the Songkhla field, located on Block G5/43 in the Gulf of Thailand.
The Songkhla A-08 well was drilled by Atwood Oceanics' Vicksburg jackup to a total measured depth of 9,112 feet (2,777 meters) and logged approximately 92 feet (28 meters) of net pay with 18% porosity in the Lower Oligocene primary reservoir. The well is currently testing over 3,500 bopd with a 3% water cut.
The Songkhla A-08 well was drilled as a replacement development well for the A-02 well, which was converted into a water injection well due to a mechanical problem.
Randy Bartley, Chief Executive Officer of Coastal Energy, commented, "We are very pleased with the results of the A-08 development well. Total production from the Songkhla A facility is now over 10,000 bopd from four wells: A-01, A-03, A-04 and A-08. Two water injection wells, A-02 and A-05, are also in operation. We are currently drilling a third water injection well, the A-06, at Songkhla before mobilizing the rig to the Songkhla B location. We expect the rig to begin drilling at Songkhla B in early December. In addition, a workover unit will be mobilized to Songkhla Main to repair the A-07 well and install larger submersible pumps on the A-01 and A-03 wells."
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Coastal Energy Co. more info
- First Oil Flows from Banang Field in KBM Cluster Off Peninsular Malaysia (Sep 05)
- Coastal Energy Completes Merger With Cepsa's Unit (Jan 20)
- First Oil Flows from Kapal, Banang, Merantai Cluster off Peninsula Malaysia (Jan 13)