Ferguson Modular Secures Int'l Accommodation Contracts
Offshore accommodation module and engineering service cabin specialist Ferguson Modular, part of the Ferguson Group, is continuing to strengthen its global presence, having secured several international contracts worth over £550,000 in recent weeks.
Ferguson Modular has won a contract to supply Subocean with two further units, in addition to its existing 48 POB (persons on board) accommodation complex contract for the UR101 barge. The galley and gym modules have been manufactured at Ferguson Modular's Inverurie base to fit the available footprint and will be mobilized to the UR101 in November.
Further contract wins include the supply of a laboratory module to Talisman Energy in the North Sea and the supply of an office module to Hess in Libya, while CNR International UK Ltd struck a two-year hire deal for a 6 meter office module for use offshore Gabon.
A contract win with Saipem includes the hire of three 8 person accommodation units for hook-up activities offshore Italy. Ferguson Modular has also been awarded a contract by Franks International for the supply of four onshore Modupack units for use as additional office and training facilities at their Aberdeen base.
Gary Wilson, Director -- Business Development of Ferguson Modular, said, "We have driven hard through 2009 in implementing our strategic international growth plan and I believe that these recent contract wins in the North Sea, Libya, Gabon and Italy are reflective of this and of the value of our continued investment in the business.
"As a result of these contracts we are undergoing a recruitment campaign to fill a number of new positions in various disciplines, including management positions, both in our Inverurie base and at our strategic locations worldwide.
"This has been a challenging year but we remain in a strong position to continue to deliver excellent service to our clients, both locally and internationally, and will be announcing further significant contract awards in due course."
The Ferguson Group employs more than 140 people worldwide through its divisions serving the offshore container rental and accommodation modules markets. The group, based at Inverurie, Scotland, has operations in all major global oil and gas locations to ensure the best service for its customers.
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
- Hess Loss Shrinks As Higher Oil Prices Offset Falling Output (Jul 25)
- Offshore Guyana Block Could Require Five FPSOs (Jul 23)
Company: Saipem more info
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Three Drilling Contractors Advance in Rigzone Employer Survey (May 24)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)
Company: Ferguson Modular more info
- Ferguson Modular Invests in New Modules for Norwegian Fleet (Oct 18)
- Ferguson Modular Appoints New Business Development Manager (Jun 22)
- Ferguson Modular Awards Outfitting Contracts for Support Vessel (Mar 23)
Company: Ferguson Group more info
- Ferguson Expands Fleet Size in Malaysia to Grow its Southeast Asia Business (Mar 12)
- Ferguson Partners OPS-OES to Tap Business in Thailand's Oil, Gas Sector (Mar 04)
- Ferguson Group Extends Middle East Presence (Jan 31)
Company: Subocean Group more info
- Ferguson Modular Secures Int'l Accommodation Contracts (Nov 23)
- SubOcean Limited Wins First Middle East Contract (Dec 12)
- SubOcean Group Sees Turnover Double (Sep 26)