Trefoil 2 Reaches Total Depth Offshore Tasmania
Origin Energy, on behalf of the T/18P Joint Venture, advised that the Trefoil 2 well had reached total depth on Thursday, November 19, 2009 and the current operation is running wireline logs. Hydrocarbon shows have been identified in the targeted Eastern View Coal Measures. The significance of the hydrocarbon shows seen while drilling will be determined after the completion of logging, pressure testing and sampling.
Trefoil 2 is located in exploration permit T/18P, operated by Origin some 38km west of the Yolla gas field and will appraise the Trefoil gas field discovered by Trefoil 1 in 2004. Trefoil 2 is a vertical well. The primary objectives are the gas-bearing sands intersected in Trefoil 1 within the Paleocene and Cretaceous Eastern View Coal Measures.
T/18P Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Resources Ltd 39.0% (Operator)
- Australian Worldwide Exploration Ltd 47.5%
- CalEnergy Gas (Australia) Ltd 8.5%
- Innamincka Petroleum Ltd 5.0%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)