RWE Dea Turns on Taps at Topaz Gas Field
RWE Dea UK has successfully commenced Production from the Topaz gas field. The field is located in the UK Southern Gas Basin in the RWE Dea operated Blocks 49/2a and 49/1a. Commissioning tests continue and the well is not yet operating at full choke.
The Topaz gas field ties back to the Schooner platform (Tullow) via 15 kms of newly laid 6-inch diameter pipeline. Gas is then transported onward to the Caister Murdoch System (ConocoPhillips) and Theddlethorpe Gas Terminal in the UK.
Rene Pawel, RWE Dea's UK Managing Director said, "We are delighted to have achieved first gas production from Topaz which was discovered in 1987. Our development team has worked closely with the Department for Energy and Climate Change, joint venture partners GDF Suez E&P UK Ltd and Faroe Petroleum, host operators and many contractors in successfully achieving this milestone."
RWE Dea plans to further increase gas production from the UK Continental Shelf and will continue its investment programme which so far has led to a production level of over 70 mmscf/d of equity gas for RWE Dea UK today.
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- DNO Withdraws Request For Faroe Board Seats As Conflict Escalates (Aug 27)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)