RWE Dea Turns on Taps at Topaz Gas Field
RWE Dea UK has successfully commenced Production from the Topaz gas field. The field is located in the UK Southern Gas Basin in the RWE Dea operated Blocks 49/2a and 49/1a. Commissioning tests continue and the well is not yet operating at full choke.
The Topaz gas field ties back to the Schooner platform (Tullow) via 15 kms of newly laid 6-inch diameter pipeline. Gas is then transported onward to the Caister Murdoch System (ConocoPhillips) and Theddlethorpe Gas Terminal in the UK.
Rene Pawel, RWE Dea's UK Managing Director said, "We are delighted to have achieved first gas production from Topaz which was discovered in 1987. Our development team has worked closely with the Department for Energy and Climate Change, joint venture partners GDF Suez E&P UK Ltd and Faroe Petroleum, host operators and many contractors in successfully achieving this milestone."
RWE Dea plans to further increase gas production from the UK Continental Shelf and will continue its investment programme which so far has led to a production level of over 70 mmscf/d of equity gas for RWE Dea UK today.
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
- ConocoPhillips Departs Barnett (Nov 01)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Faroe Fights DNO Offer With Valuation Report (Jan 02)
- DNO Withdraws Request For Faroe Board Seats As Conflict Escalates (Aug 27)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)