Petrobras Cites Record Productivity from Iracema Well Tests
Petrobras announced that the two formation tests for well 4-RJS-647 (4-BRSA-711-RJS), located in the Tupi Assessment Area, in ultra-deep Santos Basin waters and informally known as Iracema, have been completed and proved the high productivity of the pre-salt carbonate reservoirs. The Iracema well was drilled by Seadrill's West Taurus semisub.
In each of the two tests that were carried out, the flow that was measured was 5,500 barrels per day of light oil (approximately 32 degrees API), limited to the capacity of the equipment used in the testing phase. The well's initial production is being estimated at up to 50,000 barrels of oil per day, proving the Tupi area's high light oil production capacity.
Iracema, in the BM-S-11 appraisal area, was drilled to a depth of 5,000 metres and completed in September 2009. It is located in 2,210 meters water depth, around 250 kilometers off the coast of the State of Rio de Janeiro.
The Consortium, formed by Petrobras (65% - Operator), BG Group (25%), and Galp (10%), will continue with the activities and investments that are required to assess the fields in Tupi, with the drilling of new wells until the Declaration of Commerciality, expected for December 2010.
BG Group Chief Executive Frank Chapman said, "We are delighted with the results of this latest appraisal well, situated 33 kilometers from the initial Tupi well. This provides further evidence of the very large areal extent and prolific nature of the pre-salt discoveries we have made. We will be working closely with our partners to consider the optimum Tupi and Iracema development sequence, following this outstanding result."
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp To Start Drilling Exploration Well Offshore Portugal (Jul 02)
- Galp Says Little Impact From Portuguese Refineries Strike (Jun 14)
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)