Petrobras Ranks as Sixth Biggest Energy Company by Platts
Petrobras carved out the sixth spot in the top 250 Global Energy Company ranking posted by Platts, one of the leading global providers of information about energy and commodities. The Company rose six positions compared to last year, and outperformed companies from emerging countries of the likes of Russia and China. The improved performance reflects Petrobras' financial health and the successfully discoveries made in the pre-salt area. The top 250 company ranking features the energy companies with the best global performances and is based on a combination of assets, revenues, profit and return on capital using data from the Capital IQ, a database compiled and maintained by Standard & Poor's.
Platts real-time news, prices and analyses serve the oil, natural gas, electricity, emissions, nuclear energy, coal, petrochemicals, remittances, and metals markets in more than 150 countries. Petrobras' performance in the Platts ranking reinforces the Company's vision of being one of the world’s top five integrated energy companies in 2020, and the preferred choice among its stakeholders.
Check out the top ten in the ranking:
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Rosneft Oil
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: Platts more info
- Platts Receives First Transparent Bid In LNG Pricing Process (Jun 13)
- Platts: May Oil Demand Edges Up in China (Jun 21)
- Platts: Oil Demand in China Edges Higher in April (May 21)