Petrobras Ranks as Sixth Biggest Energy Company by Platts
Petrobras carved out the sixth spot in the top 250 Global Energy Company ranking posted by Platts, one of the leading global providers of information about energy and commodities. The Company rose six positions compared to last year, and outperformed companies from emerging countries of the likes of Russia and China. The improved performance reflects Petrobras' financial health and the successfully discoveries made in the pre-salt area. The top 250 company ranking features the energy companies with the best global performances and is based on a combination of assets, revenues, profit and return on capital using data from the Capital IQ, a database compiled and maintained by Standard & Poor's.
Platts real-time news, prices and analyses serve the oil, natural gas, electricity, emissions, nuclear energy, coal, petrochemicals, remittances, and metals markets in more than 150 countries. Petrobras' performance in the Platts ranking reinforces the Company's vision of being one of the world’s top five integrated energy companies in 2020, and the preferred choice among its stakeholders.
Check out the top ten in the ranking:
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Rosneft Oil
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: Platts more info
- Platts: May Oil Demand Edges Up in China (Jun 21)
- Platts: Oil Demand in China Edges Higher in April (May 21)
- Platts: OPEC Sees Increase in March Production (Apr 05)