Spring Energy Swaps North Sea Interests with Wintershall
Spring Energy and Wintershall Norge ASA (WINO) have agreed to a transaction where Spring Energy acquires the following assets from WINO:
- 2.5% working interest (WI) in the producing Brage Field. Effective date is January 1, 2010.
- 10% WI in PL 341, located in the North Sea and where the Stirby prospect is scheduled to be drilled in 2010. Effective date is January 1, 2010.
- 15% WI in PL 475 & PL 475BS, located in the Norwegian Sea and where the Maria prospect is scheduled to be drilled in 2010. Effective date is January 1, 2010.
- 15% WI in PL 375, located in the North Sea and where an appraisal well is currently being drilled on the Beta oil discovery. Effective date is January 1, 2009.
- 10% WI in PL511, located in the Norwegian Sea and where the Mjøsa prospect is scheduled to be drilled in 2011 - 2012. Effective date is January 1, 2010.
Spring will compensate WINO by transferring a 5 % WI in PL 378 and also carry part of the exploration well costs on behalf of WINO on the exploration wells listed above.
"This transaction adds significant value to our shareholders. The interest in the Brage field provides Spring Energy with its first oil production and the transaction is thus a strategically important step for Spring Energy in becoming a fully integrated E&P company. The transaction also demonstrates Spring Energy's ability to transform high quality discoveries into production through a swap structure. In addition this transaction adds four very exciting exploration and appraisal wells to our drilling queue, which after this transaction now totals 10 wells to be drilled over the next three years," said Roar Tessem, CEO of Spring Energy.
Following the transaction Spring Energy still retains a 15 % WI in the prolific PL 378 license, where the significant Grosbeak oil and gas discovery was made this summer. Further exploration and appraisal drilling will take place in PL 378 during 2010.
The transaction is subject to Authority approval.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Spring Energy more info
- Tullow Completes Acquisition of Spring Energy Norway (Jan 22)
- Tullow Buys Spring Energy Norway (Dec 11)
- North Sea Wildcat Purrs for Petro-Canada (Jan 11)