BP Secures Borgland Dolphin for Production Drilling at Skarv
Skarv is located in the northern part of the Norwegian Sea, about 35 km southwest of the Norne field and 210 km west of Sandnessjoen. The development is a unitization of the 6507/5-1 Skarv and 6507/3-3 Idun deposits. The water depth in the area is between 350 and 450 meters.
The development concept is a floating production facility (FPSO) tied to five well templates on the seabed.
The consent relates to the drilling of 11 production wells and one exploration well during the time period from mid-November 2009 to around the end of April 2011.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Down Is Up as Aging Oil Fields Defy Gravity to Pump More (Mar 09)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)