Venezuela Assumes Operational Control Over Tavsa
Tenaris announced that pursuant to Decree Law 6058 and Decree 6796, Venezuela, acting through PDVSA Industrial S.A. (a subsidiary of Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.), formally assumed exclusive operational control over the assets of Tavsa, Tubos de Acero de Venezuela S.A. ("Tavsa"). Following this formal change in operational control, PDVSA Industrial has assumed complete responsibility over Tavsa's operations and management, and Tavsa's operations will thereafter be managed by the transition committee previously appointed by Venezuela. Tenaris's representatives in Tavsa's board of directors will cease in their functions, effective immediately.
While continuing to reserve all of its rights under investment treaties and Venezuelan and international law, Tenaris is prepared to engage in discussions with the Venezuelan government regarding the fair and adequate terms and conditions for the transfer of Tavsa to Venezuela.
Tenaris is a leading global supplier of steel tubes and related services for the world's energy industry and certain other industrial applications.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
Company: Tenaris SA more info
- Tenaris Joins Archer, Marathon in Cost Cuts, Layoffs (Feb 24)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- Tenaris, PCC Snag Supply Contract for Saudi Aramco Proj. (Sep 20)