Sonangol, Petrobras Strike Oil in Deepwater Angolan Well
The Sociedade Nacional de Combustíveis de Angola, Sonangol E.P. and Petrobras announce a new oil discovery made through well Manganês-01, in Block 18/06, in deep waters, located 200 kilometers away from the city of Luanda.
Drilled at a depth of 1,500 meters from the waterline, the Manganês-01 well proved the existence of excellent quality reservoir in an 82-meter column in sandy Miocene reservoirs. In testing operations, oil of some 20 degrees API was produced at high flows and with an excellent productivity index.
Sociedade de Combustíveis de Angola is the concessionaire of Block 18/06. Petrobras is the block's operator, holding 30% of the stakes for it; Sonangol Sinopec International Limited (SSI) holds 40%; Sonangol P&P, 20%; Geminas, 5%; and Falcon Oil the remaining 5% of the stakes.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)