Sonangol, Petrobras Strike Oil in Deepwater Angolan Well
The Sociedade Nacional de Combustíveis de Angola, Sonangol E.P. and Petrobras announce a new oil discovery made through well Manganês-01, in Block 18/06, in deep waters, located 200 kilometers away from the city of Luanda.
Drilled at a depth of 1,500 meters from the waterline, the Manganês-01 well proved the existence of excellent quality reservoir in an 82-meter column in sandy Miocene reservoirs. In testing operations, oil of some 20 degrees API was produced at high flows and with an excellent productivity index.
Sociedade de Combustíveis de Angola is the concessionaire of Block 18/06. Petrobras is the block's operator, holding 30% of the stakes for it; Sonangol Sinopec International Limited (SSI) holds 40%; Sonangol P&P, 20%; Geminas, 5%; and Falcon Oil the remaining 5% of the stakes.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Saipem more info
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Three Drilling Contractors Advance in Rigzone Employer Survey (May 24)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)