Sonangol, Petrobras Strike Oil in Deepwater Angolan Well
The Sociedade Nacional de Combustíveis de Angola, Sonangol E.P. and Petrobras announce a new oil discovery made through well Manganês-01, in Block 18/06, in deep waters, located 200 kilometers away from the city of Luanda.
Drilled at a depth of 1,500 meters from the waterline, the Manganês-01 well proved the existence of excellent quality reservoir in an 82-meter column in sandy Miocene reservoirs. In testing operations, oil of some 20 degrees API was produced at high flows and with an excellent productivity index.
Sociedade de Combustíveis de Angola is the concessionaire of Block 18/06. Petrobras is the block's operator, holding 30% of the stakes for it; Sonangol Sinopec International Limited (SSI) holds 40%; Sonangol P&P, 20%; Geminas, 5%; and Falcon Oil the remaining 5% of the stakes.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)