Dresser-Rand Supplies Equipment for Aseng FPSO
Dresser-Rand will supply advanced turbomachinery for SBM Offshore (SBM) floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel destined for Noble Energy's Aseng Field offshore Equatorial Guinea.
Dresser-Rand will supply gas compression and power generation packages. Dresser-Rand will provide 4 DATUM® centrifugal compression trains driven by electric motors and three DR-61G (LM2500) gas turbine generator sets. The compressor trains will be manufactured in Olean, NY, and the gas turbines will be engineered by Dresser-Rand Kongsberg and packaged at Samsung Techwin's facilities in Changwon, South Korea. As previously reported, Dresser-Rand booked the order in October 2009.
"We are very pleased that SBM has selected Dresser-Rand to supply the critical rotating equipment for this important project. Our team worked closely with SBM on selecting the best technology to meet application requirements and offer a single-source solution for compression and power generation," said Jesus Pacheco, Dresser-Rand's executive vice president, New Equipment Worldwide. This award is representative of the value our technology brings to our clients.
SBM Offshore signed a contract with Noble Energy for the provision, lease and operation of the FPSO, which will operate in 3,281 feet of water. The FPSO will have capacity to handle 120,000 barrels of liquid per day, including processing of 80,000 b/d of oil, injection of up to 150,000 b/d of water, as well as handling 170 million cubic feet of gas per day. The unit will have storage capacity for 1.6 million b/d of oil including up to 500,000 b/d of condensate.
"We believe activity in the floating production market will continue to be significant and that our market share will remain strong" said Pacheco.
On May 21, 2009 Dresser-Rand signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with Samsung Techwin for packaging of centrifugal compressors and gas turbines. At the time the Company noted that the agreement was intended to better serve clients in the marketplace that includes floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) vessels and floating LNG (FLNG).
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
Company: Dresser-Rand more info
- Leading through Change: Judy Marks Shares Her Experiences (Jun 17)
- Dresser-Rand Plans to Close Facility and Lay Off 72 Workers in Houston (Dec 23)
- Siemens To Buy Dresser-Rand To Tap US Shale Gas Boom (Sep 22)