TSMarine to Abandon 2 Moray Firth Wells for Petro-Canada
Aberdeen-based TSMarine Subsea Ltd has been awarded a £500,000 contract to abandon two North Sea wells for Petro-Canada UK Ltd, a Suncor Energy business.
The new contract will see TSMarine Subsea prepare a program to abandon two Category One suspended subsea wells in block 25 of the Moray Firth region for the Canadian operator.
Offering a range of rigless well intervention, decommissioning and construction support solutions to the global subsea oil and gas industry, TSMarine Subsea will lead the project to sever and recover the wellheads using abrasive water jet cutting technology. The Rem Poseidon, a multi-purpose support vessel on long term charter to TSMarine Subsea will be used to complete the project.
The announcement of this contract win comes within three months of TSMarine Subsea reporting the completion of a management buy-out (MBO), in partnership with Norwegian service company Marine Subsea AS.
Alasdair Cowie, managing director of TSMarine Subsea said, "We have a wealth of experience in well abandonment activity and this contract is testimony to that and our ongoing commitment to the North Sea. Since the MBO earlier this year we are seeing a steady increase in business -- which I believe is a reflection of our ability to offer a flexible and integrated approach to projects that combines the skills and resources of the Marine Subsea group with our own experience."
Set to commence later this month, well abandonment operations are expected to last six days.
As part of the Marine Subsea AS group, TSMarine Subsea specialises in the delivery of rigless intervention, decommissioning and subsea construction services to the international oil and gas industry in Europe and West Africa. Rigless intervention activities are further strengthened by support from well intervention specialists Lewis Ltd, a wholly owned company of Marine Subsea AS.
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: Suncor Energy more info
- Suncor Says Makes Progress In Oil Sands Project Dispute With Total (Oct 26)
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)
Company: TSMarine (Contracting) Ltd. more info
- Fugro Strengthens Market Presence with TSmarine Acquisition (Mar 08)
- TSmarine, SMIT Subsea Seal Diving Services Deal (Mar 01)
- TSmarine Awarded Installation Contract for Halyard Field (Sep 22)