Eni, Gazprom Conduct South Stream, Upstream Pow-Wows
Eni and Gazprom teams met in Moscow on November 10, 2009, in the presence of Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni and Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller. Among the issues discussed was the competitiveness of the Russian gas in Europe and the development of the South Stream project, with particular reference to the potential entry of the French company Edf in the joint venture. Moreover, the development and the organization of the upstream activities of Severenergia was also discussed, confirming the target of the first production in 2011.
Talks between the two teams will continue in the coming weeks. The next meeting between the two CEO's is scheduled for December 11th in Venice, at the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the initial collaboration between Eni and Gazprom.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)