Technip Signs on for Appaloosa Tie-Back Project
Technip has been awarded a lump sum contract by ENI US Operating for the Appaloosa development project in the Gulf of Mexico. This project consists of the tie-back of the Appaloosa well located in Mississippi Canyon, 145 nautical miles (268 kilometers) offshore Mobile, Alabama at a water depth of approximately 2,825 feet (860 meters), to the Corral platform.
The contract covers:
- Project Management and surveys,
- Engineering, fabrication and installation of a 21-mile long (34-kilometer) production flowline(1), a riser(2) and subsea equipment,
- Installation of free issued umbilical(3) and flying leads,
- Pre-commissioning and dewatering of the flowline.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowline and riser will be welded at the Group's spoolbase located in Mobile. Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2009 using the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel. Extensive saturation diving work will be executed using the Skandi Achiever, one of the Group's diving support vessels, and umbilical installation using the Deep Pioneer, one of Technip's deepwater construction vessel. Technip's scope of work is expected to be completed by April 15, 2010.
In December 2008, Appaloosa was approved for field development, for a total investment of $228 million. First oil from Appaloosa should commence in January 2010, with an expected production peak of 7,500 bopd.
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
- Eni Acquires Leases on Alaska's Eastern North Slope (Aug 29)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)