PTTEP, Clough Terminate Engineering Contract at Montara Project
Engineering and construction company Clough Limited advised that PTTEP Australasia has terminated for convenience its contract for the installation of the balance of the offshore facilities at the Montara field as a result of the turn of events over the last few days.
The West Atlas and the wellhead platform topsides, installed by Clough's Java Constructor on August 7, have suffered significant damage in the fire.
Since the incident on August 21, the Java Constructor has been on standby, latterly in Singapore and the contract will now be closed out in accordance with the termination provisions.
On final settlement with PTTEP Clough does not expect any adverse affect on half year or full year earnings.
John Smith, Clough's Chief Executive Officer said, "This has been a very unfortunate episode for our industry and we are relieved to see the well back under control. We have offered our services to both PTTEP and Seadrill to assist with the remedial work and will continue to work constructively for the best possible outcome."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Clough Engineering Ltd. more info
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)