Ithaca Completes Jacky Injection Well Under Budget
Ithaca Energy has drilled and completed the Jacky water injection well in the Greater Beatrice area of the UK North Sea ahead of schedule and under budget.
The well encountered good reservoir quality across the field oil/water contact and is in pressure communication with the Jacky production well, as expected. It is ideally located for providing pressure support to help maintain existing Jacky oil production. Water injection will start over the next week and the impact on Jacky production will be reported once injection rates have been optimized.
The Ensco 80 drilling unit was mobilized to the Jacky Field on Wednesday, September 9th and completed the well on Sunday, November 1st, two days ahead of schedule. The rig will now mobilize to Beatrice Bravo for two workover operations, which is expected to boost production from the Beatrice reservoir. Details will be given once the rig is positioned and the operations are underway.
As previously announced, Ithaca will now seek an updated Independent Reserves Audit report for the Jacky field to reflect the significantly better than expected (dry oil) production performance to date.
Partners in the Jacky field are Ithaca (47.5%), Dyas UK Ltd (42.5%) and North Sea Energy (UK) Ltd (10%).
Partners in the Beatrice Field, including Beatrice Bravo are Ithaca (50%) and Dyas UK Ltd (50%).
Commenting, Iain McKendrick, CEO of Ithaca, said, "Work on sustaining and boosting Jacky and Beatrice production will maintain significant cash flow throughout 2010 and beyond. This gives the Company the capability and flexibility to schedule Stella and its other opportunities and to enhance production from existing assets and resources whilst maintaining capital discipline. The Stella transaction announced last week, whereby Ithaca becomes operator, is a timely example of the Company moving to control the pace of investment and development."
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)
Company: Dyas BV more info
- Ithaca Says Stella Production Facility Undergoing Sea Trials (Jul 22)
- Lundin Finds Gas at Maligan Prospect Offshore East Malaysia (Mar 03)
- Lundin Farms Out Stakes in 3 PSCs Offshore Malaysia to DYAS (Feb 02)
Company: North Sea Energy Corp. more info
- Maersk Set to Play with Bagpuss and Blofeld (Aug 16)
- Ithaca to Drill Second Production Well at Jacky (Dec 13)
- Ithaca Ramps Up Production Level at Beatrice Platform (Dec 07)