Seadrill Confirms Fire at West Atlas, Montara Platform
Seadrill confirms that the West Atlas jackup and PTTEPA's Montara well head platform are on fire. All personnel on the nearby West Triton, Seadrill's other mobile offshore drilling unit working in the area, are safe.
The West Triton is located 2 kilometres from the West Atlas and is not affected by the fire at this time. The West Triton was performing well kill operations on the leaking H1 well when the fire broke out. Seadrill's emergency response team is working closely with PTTEPA. More information will be released as the situation develops. The West Atlas and West Triton are owned by a Seadrill subsidiary and are contracted to PTTEPA for operations on the Montara field.
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)