Detnor Secures Songa Delta for North Sea Exploration Drilling
Det Norske received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea using the Songa Delta semisub. The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 6507/11-10 which is part of production licence 476 and is located about 30 kilometers south of Heidrun.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 65° 05' 35.19", E 7° 35' 47.13". The water depth at the site is 270 meters.
The start-up of drilling activities is expected to be November 20, 2009 at the earliest. The well will be permanently plugged and abandoned.
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)