W&T Offshore Starts Up Daniel Boone in Deepwater GOM
W&T Offshore has started up production from its Daniel Boone discovery well, a deepwater development in the Gulf of Mexico within Green Canyon Block 646.
Daniel Boone lies in water depths of approximately 4,230 feet about 120 miles from the Louisiana coast. The discovery well has current gross daily production of approximately 6,000 barrels of oil and 5,700 thousand cubic feet of natural gas per day, or 6,950 barrels of oil equivalent per day. The well is connected via a 22-mile subsea tieback to a third-party operated platform in Green Canyon Block 338. Sales commenced September 28, 2009. W&T has been steadily increasing production to the current rate and production will continue to be adjusted to achieve maximum recovery from the reservoir.
W&T holds a 60% working interest and operates the Daniel Boone field. Mariner Energy, Inc. holds the remaining 40% working interest.
Tracy W. Krohn, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "High flow rates and high cash flow at our Daniel Boone project are examples of why W&T has always enjoyed having a presence in the Gulf of Mexico."
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: W&T Offshore more info
- W&T Offshore to Divest Select Permian Interests (Sep 25)
- W&T Offshore Strikes Black Gold at Mahogany Field (Jan 06)
- US Jury Finds Apache Did Not Breach Contract With W&T Offshore (Dec 15)