Spectraseis Forms JIP for Low Frequency Seismic Research
Spectraseis, a leading provider of low frequency seismic solutions to the upstream oil & gas industry, has formed a multi-year Joint Industry Project (JIP) for the research and development of low frequency seismic technologies for hydrocarbon reservoir detection and characterization. This cooperative program is called the Low Frequency Seismic Partnership (LFSP).
Confirmed participants in the LFSP, which will run for three years through 2012 are Cairn, Chevron, ExxonMobil, GDF Suez and Pemex. An Asian national oil company will join the LFSP over the coming months.
The scope of the LFSP program will cover key application elements of low frequency seismic technology, such as data acquisition and processing, as well as fundamental theoretical studies, in partnership with researchers at Spectraseis, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich and the University of Bern, Switzerland. Participants will be at the leading edge of the latest research on low frequency seismic applications and will learn how to extract the maximum value from this technology for their companies.
Spectraseis CTO, Rob Habiger, said, "We are very excited to be launching this industry collaboration today which will expand the body of core research around this important topic. We are looking forward to working with an outstanding group of international operators. The experience and technical expertise they bring will help us to continue our strong focus on the application of low frequency seismic solutions to meet important industry challenges."
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: Pemex more info
- Mexican Driller Latina Is Said to Bid for Pemex Contract (Jan 17)
- Mexico Fuel Sellers Said to Seek Pemex Alternative (Jan 11)
- AMLO Earmarks $23B to Boost National Oil Industry (Dec 17)
Company: Spectraseis Technologie AG more info
- Spectraseis Launches New Software to Support Commercial LF Seismic Surveys (Jul 07)
- Spectraseis Completes Survey for Shell Egypt (Jan 26)
- Spectraseis Forms JIP for Low Frequency Seismic Research (Oct 26)