Nexus Turns on Taps at Longtom Gas Project
Nexus has initiated gas production from the Longtom field and is currently undertaking commissioning of the production and processing system in conjunction with Santos Ltd.
Longtom is situated in a water depth of 184 feet (56 meters) offshore Gippsland Basin, Australia, in exploration permit VIC/P54. The gas field is wholly owned and operated by Nexus Energy.
Nexus' managing director Ian Tchacos said, "This is a very important milestone for Nexus. We are delighted to see first production from our Longtom gas project. Nexus has successfully taken an offshore gas asset from discovery through the process of securing a market and gaining access to infrastructure resource appraisal and development, and finally into production. Nexus has faced significant challenges as we have transitioned the company from explorer to producer, we now can look forward to long-term production and cash flow from our Longtom asset providing a solid foundation from which to achieve further growth."
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)