Subsea 7 Reels in Roncador EPIC Contract
Subsea 7 has been awarded an engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning (EPIC) contract from Petrobras for the Roncador field, offshore Brazil. The contract is valued in excess of US $200 million.
The workscope is to engineer, procure, fabricate, install and commission one 12" gas export line (38.7km long) and one 12" oil export line (42km long), connecting the P-55 platform to the PRA-1 platform. The scope of work also includes the procurement and installation of associated subsea equipment.
The offshore pipelines and equipment installation campaign will take place between Q3 2010 and Q2 2011 and will be carried out by one of Subsea 7's pipelay installation vessels.
Engineering and project management work will be conducted at Subsea 7's offices in Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and the fabrication of the rigid pipelines will be carried out at Subsea 7's pipeline fabrication spoolbase at Ubu, Brazil.
Victor Snabaitis Bomfim, Vice President of Subsea 7 in Brazil stated, "I am delighted that Petrobras has chosen Subsea 7 once again to perform this very significant project for the development of the Roncador field. This award further strengthens our position in the steel pipeline installation marketplace and is a result of our long term commitment to the country."
The Roncador field is located in Campos Basin in Rio de Janeiro State coast in water depths range from 200m to 1800m.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
- Subsea 7 Says Could Change Offer If McDermott Cooperates (Apr 25)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)