Subsea 7 Reels in Roncador EPIC Contract
Subsea 7 has been awarded an engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning (EPIC) contract from Petrobras for the Roncador field, offshore Brazil. The contract is valued in excess of US $200 million.
The workscope is to engineer, procure, fabricate, install and commission one 12" gas export line (38.7km long) and one 12" oil export line (42km long), connecting the P-55 platform to the PRA-1 platform. The scope of work also includes the procurement and installation of associated subsea equipment.
The offshore pipelines and equipment installation campaign will take place between Q3 2010 and Q2 2011 and will be carried out by one of Subsea 7's pipelay installation vessels.
Engineering and project management work will be conducted at Subsea 7's offices in Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and the fabrication of the rigid pipelines will be carried out at Subsea 7's pipeline fabrication spoolbase at Ubu, Brazil.
Victor Snabaitis Bomfim, Vice President of Subsea 7 in Brazil stated, "I am delighted that Petrobras has chosen Subsea 7 once again to perform this very significant project for the development of the Roncador field. This award further strengthens our position in the steel pipeline installation marketplace and is a result of our long term commitment to the country."
The Roncador field is located in Campos Basin in Rio de Janeiro State coast in water depths range from 200m to 1800m.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)