StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Use Sleipner B
StatoilHydro has received consent to use Sleipner B with a waiver of conditions for use of the facility's living quarters module until January 31, 2011. Located in the Sleipner Area in the Norwegian North Sea, Sleipner B is a normally unmanned wellhead facility.
During the period up to January 31, 2011, the West Epsilon jackup will be alongside Sleipner B. There will be a gangway connection between the facilities.
West Epsilon is carrying out a drilling campaign on Sleipner B. Circumstances have arisen which require greater activity and more personnel than originally planned.
West Epsilon has 115 beds divided among 58 cabins. In order to reduce shared sleeping quarters on this facility during the drilling campaign, StatoilHydro wants to make continuous use of the seven single cabins on Sleipner B during the drilling campaign.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)