AWE Granted New Offshore Taranaki Permit
Australian Worldwide Exploration has been granted a new Taranaki permit, PEP 51558, which lies close offshore from New Plymouth city.
The 2,850 km2 permit, which AWE has named Parihaka, has a southern boundary that runs 10 km offshore from New Plymouth, and roughly parallel to the coast for 50 km from Waitara to Cape Egmont.
AWE and its two partners Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd and Mighty River Power Gas Investments Ltd each hold a 33.3% share in the Parihaka permit.
Mitsui and Mighty River were both partners in a similar area covered by a smaller permit, PEP 38489, operated by Houston-based companies Pogo and then Plains Exploration until early this year.
One of the prospects Pogo had under consideration was Toro just a few kilometres offshore from New Plymouth city.
AWE now holds interests in 10 permits in offshore Taranaki including the Tui oil field.
The work program for PEP 51558 requires 200 km of the 2D seismic data to be acquired in the first two years and an exploration well to be drilled in three years.
- Japan's Mitsui Chemicals Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Fire-Hit Plant (Aug 13)
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: New Zealand Crown Minerals more info
- Crown Minerals Closes PIT Petroleum Applications (Jul 09)
- Hydraulic Workover Unit Mobilizes on Maui A (Apr 20)
- TAG Oil Targets Higher Output at Cheal (Apr 09)
Company: Mighty River Power more info
- Ensco 107 Ready to Spin Bit at Albacore Prospect Off NZ (Nov 24)
- AWE Granted New Offshore Taranaki Permit (Oct 22)
- Cue Expands Interests Offshore New Zealand (Oct 20)