Origin to P&A Trefoil 2 Gas Appraisal Well After Evaluation
Origin Energy, on behalf of the T/18P Joint Venture, advised that on Thursday, October 22, 2009 the Trefoil 2 well is at 2,520m. The current operation is pulling out of the hole in preparation to set the 9.625" casing.
Trefoil 2 is located in exploration permit T/18P, operated by Origin some 38km west of the Yolla gas field and will appraise the Trefoil gas field discovered by Trefoil 1 in 2004. Trefoil 2 is planned as a vertical well.
Planned total depth of the well is 3,221mRT. The primary objectives are the gas-bearing sands intersected in Trefoil 1 within the Paleocene and Cretaceous Eastern View Coal Measures. The well will be plugged and abandoned after the evaluation program is completed.
T/18P Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Resources Ltd 39.0% (Operator)
- Australian Worldwide Exploration Ltd 47.5%
- CalEnergy Gas (Australia) Ltd 8.5%
- Innamincka Petroleum Ltd 5.0%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: CalEnergy Gas more info
- AWE Enters Agreement with CalEnergy (Mar 01)
- BassGas JV Puts Final Price Tag on Yolla Enhancement (Dec 18)
- Origin Updates on Purchase of Woodside's Otway Interest (Dec 07)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Innamincka Petroleum more info
- Innamincka Restarts Flax Field's Production (Apr 01)
- Origin Encounters Good Gas Shows at Rockhopper-1 (Dec 29)
- AWE, Innamincka Take Bigger Bite of BassGas Project (Nov 11)