Technip Scores 2 Contracts for Jubilee Development
Tullow has awarded Technip two lump sum contracts for the development of the Jubilee oil field. This field is located off the coast of Ghana at water depths ranging between 1,200 and 1,700 meters.
The first contract comprises the engineering and fabrication of seven 10-inch diameter and two 8-inch diameter risers for a total length of more than 27 kilometers. Engineering for this contract will be carried out by Technip's operating center in Paris, France. The risers will be fabricated in Le Trait, France, in one of Technip's flexible pipe production facilities. Delivery is scheduled for the beginning of 2010.
The second contract covers:
- engineering, fabrication and installation of approximately 48 kilometers of production and gas and water injection rigid flowlines
- installation of 26 kilometers of umbilicals, nine flexible risers (supplied by Technip under the first contract) and subsea manifold and riser base structures,
- connection of the flowlines to the wellheads and subsea manifolds,
- test of the entire system.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas, will execute this contract with support from the company's Paris center for the installation of the flexible flowlines, the connections and offshore operations. The offshore campaign is scheduled to commence in early 2010 using two vessels from the Technip fleet, the Deep Blue and the Deep Pioneer, which will lay the rigid and flexible flowlines respectively, assisted by third-party vessels.
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)