Transocean Winner Gears Up to Drill in North Sea for Marathon
Marathon Petroleum Norge AS (Marathon) has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea using the Transocean Winner semisub.
The consent relates to the drilling of exploration wells 25/4-10 S and 25/4-10 AS, which are part of production license 203 and are situated between the Alvheim and Volund fields.
The wells will be drilled from the following position: N 59° 30' 51.432", E 2° 0' 13.784". The water depth at the site is 123 meters.
Planned start-up of the drilling activity was October 17, 2009. The estimated duration of the activity is approximately 53 days.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)