BG Norge to Spud 34/3-2 S Exploration Well in November
BG Norge AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with the West Alpha semisub.
The consent relates to the drilling of exploration well 34/3-2 S, which is part of production license 373S. The well is situated about 30 km northeast of Snorre and 258 km northwest of Bergen.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 61° 48' 45.06", E 2° 49' 16.46". The water depth at the site is 429 meters.
According to the application for consent, drilling will commence in early November 2009. The activity has an expected duration of 87 days.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)