Marathon to Carry Out ST Drilling Using Songa Dee Semisub
Marathon Petroleum Norge AS (MPN) has been granted consent to carry out exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with the Songa Dee semisub.
The consent is an amendment of our previous consent to drill exploration well 24/9-9 S, and applies to the drilling of sidetrack 24/9-9 B.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 59° 19' 40.414", E 01° 50' 17.110". The water depth at the site is 120 meters.
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)