Reel Secures International Spread of Rig Inspection Contracts
A busy year for inspection and testing specialists Reel in the UK and internationally is continuing with the award of significant new contracts.
The company has secured first inspection work on Diamond Offshore's recently purchased semisubmersible offshore drilling unit Ocean Courage. Formerly the Petrorig 1, the Ocean Courage is Diamond's first semisubmersible newbuild in 20 years.
Reel inspection personnel will join the rig in South Africa while it is en route to the Gulf of Mexico to undertake a five-year contract with Petrobras.
Reel recently mobilized a team to complete safety inspections on the Transocean Sedneth 701 in Walvis Bay, Namibia, prior to its deployment off Angola. Also in Africa, the company has recently won contracts for work on Transocean’s Discoverer Luanda and GSF Explorer.
Recent project in the UK for Reel’s specialist teams have included work on the Ensco 80, the Borgsten Dolphin and the Ocean Guardian in the Cromarty Firth.
Reel managing director Russell Ritchie said, "I am particularly pleased by the spread of this work across different markets.
"The current economic climate is challenging for all of us, so I am delighted to win these contracts with clients who appreciate the importance of the specialist inspection services we deliver."
Reel also recently secured a two-year contract with Helix Well Ops to support existing works on their Seawell vessel and to provide inspection services on their newbuild Well Enhancer.
With main offices in Houston and Aberdeen, Reel operates from key international business locations in the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia, providing comprehensive inspection and testing service to the oil and gas industry. Reel joined the Global Energy Group in 2008.
- Ensco and Rowan to Merge in $12B Deal (Oct 08)
- Three Drilling Contractors Advance in Rigzone Employer Survey (May 24)
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
- Petrobras FPSO Achieves First Oil (Oct 24)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)