Reel Secures International Spread of Rig Inspection Contracts
A busy year for inspection and testing specialists Reel in the UK and internationally is continuing with the award of significant new contracts.
The company has secured first inspection work on Diamond Offshore's recently purchased semisubmersible offshore drilling unit Ocean Courage. Formerly the Petrorig 1, the Ocean Courage is Diamond's first semisubmersible newbuild in 20 years.
Reel inspection personnel will join the rig in South Africa while it is en route to the Gulf of Mexico to undertake a five-year contract with Petrobras.
Reel recently mobilized a team to complete safety inspections on the Transocean Sedneth 701 in Walvis Bay, Namibia, prior to its deployment off Angola. Also in Africa, the company has recently won contracts for work on Transocean’s Discoverer Luanda and GSF Explorer.
Recent project in the UK for Reel’s specialist teams have included work on the Ensco 80, the Borgsten Dolphin and the Ocean Guardian in the Cromarty Firth.
Reel managing director Russell Ritchie said, "I am particularly pleased by the spread of this work across different markets.
"The current economic climate is challenging for all of us, so I am delighted to win these contracts with clients who appreciate the importance of the specialist inspection services we deliver."
Reel also recently secured a two-year contract with Helix Well Ops to support existing works on their Seawell vessel and to provide inspection services on their newbuild Well Enhancer.
With main offices in Houston and Aberdeen, Reel operates from key international business locations in the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia, providing comprehensive inspection and testing service to the oil and gas industry. Reel joined the Global Energy Group in 2008.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)