Petrobras 10000 Kicks Off 10-Year Drilling Contract Off Angola
Transocean's announced that the newbuild ultra-deepwater drillship Petrobras 10000 has commenced operations in Angola for a subsidiary of Petrobras under a 10-year drilling contract. Transocean has an agreement with the P&M Drilling International B.V. joint venture of Petrobras and Mitsui to acquire the rig under a 20-year capital lease contract.
The Petrobras 10000 is one of 21 Ultra-Deepwater Floaters in the Transocean fleet. The rig features Transocean's patented dual-activity drilling technology, allowing for parallel drilling operations designed to save time and money in deepwater well construction, compared with conventional rigs. Other features include expanded completions capabilities, a variable deck-load of more than 20,000 metric tons and the capability of development and exploration drilling in greater than 10,000 feet of water depth.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui Chemicals Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Fire-Hit Plant (Aug 13)
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)