StatoilHydro to Drill in North Sea's Block 34/10
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea using the Deepsea Atlantic semisubmersible drilling rig. The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 34/10-53 S and sidetrack 34/10-53 A on the Gullfaks field.
The well is part of production license 050, and has the following geographical coordinates: N 61º 04' 04.678", E 02º 07' 00.340". The water depth at the location is 137 meters.
The activity is scheduled to start in October 2009. The drilling activity is estimated to last 141 days.
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)