Lundin, Partners Test Positive at Luno Discovery Off Norway
RWE Dea has, together with Lundin Petroleum (Operator) and Wintershall, successfully completed production testing of the Luno field discovery well 16/1-8. The well was temporarily abandoned as a discovery well in 2007, with the objective to re-enter the well for future well testing (DST) and permanent abandonment.
The well 16/1-8 was re-entered, perforated and tested in two intervals with flow rates of up to approximately 5,700 barrels of oil per day (900 Sm3/day) through a one inch (64/64") choke. The well will be permanently plugged according to plan. The production testing operation was carried out with the Transocean Winner semisub, in a water depth of 108 meters. A second appraisal well on Luno is now being planned for in order to proceed with the field development plans.
Hugo Sandal, Managing Director of RWE Dea Norge said, "Luno is one of two discoveries that we have been part of in the last two years. These discoveries are the results of focused exploration work. We aim to bring them on-stream within the next four years, thus increasing the company’s production significantly."
PL338 was awarded in the Norwegian North Sea licensing round in 2004. Lundin Petroleum is the operator of PL338 with a 50 percent interest. Partners are Wintershall Norge ASA with 30 percent interest and RWE Dea Norge AS with 20 percent interest.
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Wintershall more info
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Wintershall's Libya Oil Output Sharply Lower At 10,000 Bpd (Aug 28)
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)