Saipem Scores Contract for Bonga North-West Devt Off Nigeria
Saipem has been awarded a new offshore contract worth over US $200 million for the subsea development of the Bonga North-West field, located in the Oil Mining Lease (OML) 118, approximately 120 kilometers off the Nigerian coast.
The contract has been awarded by Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo), and encompasses engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning services for 13 kilometers of 10"/12" production pipe-in-pipe flowlines, 4 kilometers of 12" water injection flowlines as well as related production facilities. The contract also includes the installation of 15 kilometers of umbilicals.
Bonga North-West is located in approximately 900 to 1,200 meters of water, and will be developed with 12 subsea wells tied back into the Bonga main infrastructure.
Marine activities will be carried out mainly by Saipem FDS and Saipem 3000 vessels, in different time-frames between the second half of 2012 and the last quarter of 2013.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)