Halliburton Bags 2-Year Gig at Talisman's North Sea Fields
Halliburton, through its product service line Baroid, has been awarded a two-year contract, with multiple extension options, to provide drilling fluids and associated services to Talisman Energy Norge AS. The $229 million contract, including options, began in the third quarter of 2009 and encompasses all Talisman-operated fields on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
"We have chosen the company, based on its commercial and technical solutions," said Henrik Kayser, manager of Drilling and Wells for Talisman Energy Norge AS. "We look forward to a long and prosperous working relationship with Halliburton."
"Halliburton is pleased to have been awarded this contract with Talisman and we look forward to providing customized drilling fluids and services to Talisman for many years to come," said Jorunn Saetre, vice president of Halliburton's operations in Scandinavia.
- Halliburton Upbeat On 2018 As Oil Recovery Spreads (Jan 22)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)