TNK-BP Mulls Entry into Iraq to Develop Hydrocarbons
TNK-BP announced today that the company is considering possibilities of developing hydrocarbon resources in Iraq. We intend to do so by working with the Iraqi Ministry of Oil in accordance with all applicable laws and procedures.
TNK-BP does not have current projects, activities or operations in Iraq, including the Kurdish region. To date, TNK-BP has not signed any exploration and production contracts with the Iraqi government (including the Kurdish region).
TNK-BP is interested in working in Iraqi upstream to the mutual benefit and in close cooperation with the central government of Iraq.
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)
Company: Iraq Ministry of Oil more info
- Exxon Spearheads Iraqi Water-Injection Project (Apr 19)
- Iraq to Alter Signature Bonuses on 2 Oil Field Deals (Apr 15)
- Iraq Plans New Licensing Auction for 3 Gas Fields (Apr 14)