BP Taps Odfjell for Drilling Services at UKCS Fields
Odfjell Drilling (UK) Ltd has been awarded a five-year contract with three two-year options from BP for drilling and maintenance services on the Clair, Andrew, Harding, Bruce and Magnus platforms on the UK continental shelf.
Odfjell Drilling will take over operations from the current contractors before the end of the year.
Ketil Lenning, President and CEO of Odfjell Drilling said, "This award from BP recognizes Odfjell Drilling as a quality provider of platform drilling and maintenance services with a strong focus on safe and efficient operations. We welcome and appreciate this significant contract award from BP and look forward to a long and productive working relationship. We know that BP expects us to deliver on performance and we are very motivated to enter into this contract and provide a proactive drilling and maintenance service to BP."
Through the years, Odfjell Drilling has worked on several occasions with BP. The first was with Deepsea Saga on the Buchan field in 1977 and the most recent was with Deepsea Bergen on the Rhum field from 2004 to2006. We have also provided platform drilling for BP on the Gyda field from 1989 to 1994 and snubbing for BP UK from 2002 to 2004.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
Company: Odfjell more info
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)